Terms and Conditions
City Rail Link Tunnel Boring Machine Naming Competition
City Rail Link Limited
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. WHO CAN ENTER: The competition is open to New Zealand residents aged 5 years and over.
3. NO ENTRY FEE: There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition period starts on 13 February 2020 and the closing date for initial entries is 5 March 2020. The competition period will open again from 30 March to 24 April 2020. After or between these dates no entries to the competition period will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must, during the competition period/s, visit www.digCRL.co.nz and complete the competition entry form, stating your name suggestion or complete an approved hard copy voting entry form. If you select the name that wins you will go in the draw to win the Prize.
6. WINNER: The winner will be drawn from the pool of winning entries at random. The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone if provided. If the prize winner cannot be reached after all reasonable attempts a second winner’s name will be drawn.
7. PRIZE: The one winning entry will receive two nights’ accommodation and meal at the Grand Mercure Auckland for two adults or one adult/one child (valued at $700.00) (the Prize). All other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. The winner (and his/her guest) is responsible for expenses incurred, including spending money, meals, travel to and from the venue and all other ancillary costs. If the winner is under 18, s/he must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
8. REDEMPTION DATE: The Prize must be redeemed by 6 May 2021.
9. PRIZE CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED: The Prize cannot be transferred to another person or exchanged. The Prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the Prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the Prize.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: City Rail Link Limited reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry/claim which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
11. DECISION IS FINAL: City Rail Link Limited’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. PUBLICITY: The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current New Zealand privacy legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.